Sign in to follow this  
Jeff McBride

New Reel

Is that Family Force Five I hear? It works well with the flavor of your work. It's a pretty solid reel. The only thing I don't like about it is the logo. Its way too much. Too much color or type or something. Something simpler would work better.

mjoshua- Wow, didn't expect anyone to be familiar with Family Force 5, thanks for the comments.

anothername- Good crit, definitely hadn't thought that! Part of my wanting to go freelance is to give me the opportunity to work on personal projects more. I'm finding the office I'm in has been stifling my creative-will lately so I'm looking for a change of scenery and can hopefully plus up my reel in this regard. Much appreciated!

Yeah, I was surprised you used them. They're an interesting act. I saw them one time at a birthday party in a small rural catholic church in Lancaster, PA. Interestingly, this was after being signed with Maverick.

Good luck with freelancing, Jeff. I interviewed with you late last summer, if you recall.

I like the logo, personally. I don't think the extended tails on the F's in your first name work, and would suggest a simpler type treatment, but the color and animation is subtle and classy.

Your work definitely needs more energy and personality. I found myself in a similar situation--not creating challenging, exciting projects in my 9-to-5--so I've had to discipline myself to work on personal projects after hours. It's difficult to do without burning out. There's no sage advice here, just sympathy. Hope things work out for you.