Sign in to follow this  
Pau

Making spline points "vibrate" in CS4

Hi,

I have a spline, and I'd like its points to move randomly. Just like in AE we have the wiggle expression, is there something I can do like that in C4D with the points of a spline? I'm new to it so I don't really know. I've noticed there's the vibrate tag, that you can add to an object, but I want to affect its points separately...

Thanks!

Pau

You can't have access to the position of the spline's points seperatly, even with expressions.

It would be great but it's not possible.

Anyway, if someone know a technique to emulate a wiggle effect on a spline...

Assuming that you are asking if that is possible in C4D, indeed, it is. If you are a little familiar with xpresso, take a look at the file attached:

C4D wiggle

There are of course more elegant methods, but this should be a good starting point.

Edited by tezuka

You can't have access to the position of the spline's points seperatly, even with expressions.

eh? That's what the 'Point' node is for in Xpresso.

It would be great but it's not possible.

No, but you can (we're talking AE) use the Wiggle Paths operator with "detail" set to zero and it will give you exactly that.

I got confused!!! I meant C4D instead of CS4, it's just so similar, and since in the post I talked about both...

You should probably change the title of this thread to say "C4D" instead of CS4. Assuming you do mean C4D that is.

Thanks Tezuka, that's what I'm trying to do. I'll try to understand the file, although I'm not really familiar with expressor.

Assuming that you are asking if that is possible in C4D, indeed, it is. If you are a little familiar with xpresso, take a look at the file attached:

C4D wiggle

There are of course more elegant methods, but this should be a good starting point.