Sign in to follow this  
bre4k

BRE4K REEL!

Wow man, you have such a sweet style. I've been seeing a ton of great designers from South America lately... what do you guys know that we don't?! How to be awesome, I guess.

Anyway, the first half up past the snowboarding piece is something that is to be aspired to, in my opinion. It's absolutely fantastic. After that it does drag a bit, feels a little long, and there are a couple of shots which feel amateur compared to the rest: the red and white f0000 shot, and budweiser lasers to be specific.

Thanks.

Wow man, you have such a sweet style. I've been seeing a ton of great designers from South America lately... what do you guys know that we don't?! How to be awesome, I guess.

Anyway, the first half up past the snowboarding piece is something that is to be aspired to, in my opinion. It's absolutely fantastic. After that it does drag a bit, feels a little long, and there are a couple of shots which feel amateur compared to the rest: the red and white f0000 shot, and budweiser lasers to be specific.

Thanks.

It's true! Ill work on it.

Thanks for the comment! I truly appreciate it!

Thanks thanks thanks again culp!

Nice style. I like how it ends abrupt with the sound effect. The contrast throws you a out of the hypnosis of the rest of it. Very cool.

Yo! Thanks ikep!!

Your work looks really good. It's visually interesting and varied, and you seem to have a lot to offer.

Your new reel, however, doesn't do much for the work it's representing. And I think that mostly has to do with the audio you've chosen. The track is is choppy and disjointed, but also repetitive, so it works against you in two ways: 1) by comparison, it makes your work feel like it's not very lively or charismatic, and 2) it has no real emotional arc and instead just sorta repeats itself which highlights the repetitiveness of your cuts and gives you no good chances for editorial pacing. So in the end, your work looks less interesting, less varied, and less everything as a result.

My instinct is to suggest that you just start with a different track, and re-edit the whole thing from there. I realize that's kind of a slap in the face, but you're not doing your work a whole lot of favors with this reel and it really deserves better.