Sign in to follow this  
tomcat

Best Movie of the Summer

We saw "Hurt Locker" yesterday, and it literally blows you out of your seat.

http://thehurtlocker-movie.com/

It's the first effective war film on Iraq that I've seen. Bigelow has an amazing talent for pulling the audience right into dramatic action.

What I cannot figure out is why we could only see it at a local art film house. It isn't like an indy film. It's a full-blown blockbuster, but no major distributor has picked it up.

Edited by tomcat

Did you see the Fall last year, don't think it even made the cinemas over here (uk), beautiful, takes up Gilliams mantle, that he seems to have miss-placed poor man...

Seems to happen a bit these days, studios are too scared to take a punt, despite having funded something, they just let it fizzle... Well if it had Bruce Willis then we could sell it but you know, who are these people...

Looks good, just watched the trailer, probably make it over here in a year or 2, on dvd...

Edited by catweasel

Did you see the Fall last year, don't think it even made the cinemas over here (uk), beautiful, takes up Gilliams mantle, that he seems to have miss-placed poor man...

The Fall was incredible. If you liked Pan's Labyrinth, you'll dig it.

The Fall was incredible. If you liked Pan's Labyrinth, you'll dig it.

Actually just saw this two nights ago and was blown away--like a Terry Gilliam remix of Baraka...visually stunning, psychologically complex, beautifully shot in incredible locations...one of the better movies I've seen.

Incidentally, just came across an ad for the Hurt Locker and put it aside as a maybe--now its a definite.

Actually just saw this two nights ago and was blown away--like a Terry Gilliam remix of Baraka...visually stunning, psychologically complex, beautifully shot in incredible locations...one of the better movies I've seen.

Incidentally, just came across an ad for the Hurt Locker and put it aside as a maybe--now its a definite.

Just a heads-up. Baraka has been released on Blu-ray. It looks amazing.

Wow. Literally? Did you get hurt? How far were you thrown from the seat explosion?

I always picture the deer head speaking when I read your posts. It makes them even better.

If I was an admin I would think so ;)

hmm for some reason i thought your were, never mind then. I just remember sermon having the title also, so i assumed enough to make an a.. of myself.

Edited by RustyAce

hmm for some reason i thought your were, never mind then. I just remember sermon having the title also, so i assumed enough to make an a.. of myself.

I believe you get it at the 1000 post mark. It's automatic. I've never touched it. Or maybe it's Demi God at 1k then Masses at 1500. Don't remember.

I know demi god is 500, but im guessing i am a long way from being able to sermonize :) also continuing on a tangent did you have a hand in the Post add nothing campaign? it reminded me of your tropicana piece.

Edited by RustyAce