Sign in to follow this  
parallax

Are you kidding me?

This is not about religion, even if you could see these fucktards as being part of the religious right.

There's opinionated, and there's retarded. This is the latter.

Simply showing up, shouting, and spewing your crazy rethoric is for people lacking a functioning brain.

There's no argument you will ever win, 'cause they simple aren't listening.

They are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

I've been Tivo-ing American newscasts for a couple days now, that shit is hilarious.

Now if you'll excuse me I have an appointment with the Government-run Death Panel that you've heard all about in your town hall meetings. Just kidding. If anyone needs me I'll be waltzing into my local hospital where they'll do any number of tests I feel necessary and fix anything I ask them to. I will then waltz back out and be on my merry way without ever seeing a bill or spending a dime.

(granted, our taxes are higher than yours, but it still amounts to far less than what you guys are paying for coverage for private health care. I've also never heard a doctor use terms like "pre-existing conditions" or any of that nonsense)

I believe there's a bit of overanalyzation here. I don't see religious motives in these town hall meeting shake-ups regardless if these people are or aren't religious. When you're talking about changing something that will effect peoples income and how their health care is provided then we're talking about overall well-being not religion.

If I steal your credit card and ruin your credit score....are you going to want to punch me in the face or knock me around a little? Where does religion come into this equation? It Doesn't. So why is it that those who are on the other side always throw religion in when it's not even an issue.

For me the connection is blind faith.

Religious belief is only possible if you are able to take things on faith without asking for any real evidence. Once people's brains become wired to accept things as fact without any evidence for them, it is only too easy (with enough money) to manipulate them into believing any bullshit thing you through at them.

Not to say that there isn't religious belief on the left as well, but the right seems to have the market cornered on using peoples religion to manipulate them.

We used to have the Doomsday Clock, remember that from Watchmen? It was kind of a novelty sideshow to the Cold War.

We need a Tim McVeigh Clock now. Set the time to 11:58pm.

Three days ago a guy showed up to an Obama town hall in New Hampshire with a loaded gun strapped to his leg. Today someone was detained at a Maryland event for holding up a sign that said, "Death To Obama, Death To Michelle And Her Two Stupid Kids." The fury on the loony right-wing fringe is bubbling over. If you haven't seen this before, you were sleeping.

We used to have the Doomsday Clock, remember that from Watchmen? It was kind of a novelty sideshow to the Cold War.

We need a Tim McVeigh Clock now. Set the time to 11:58pm.

Three days ago a guy showed up to an Obama town hall in New Hampshire with a loaded gun strapped to his leg. Today someone was detained at a Maryland event for holding up a sign that said, "Death To Obama, Death To Michelle And Her Two Stupid Kids." The fury on the loony right-wing fringe is bubbling over. If you haven't seen this before, you were sleeping.

He should have reformed your pot laws first. Then everyone would at least chill the fuck out when he brought up health care. :D

(only partly kidding)

For me the connection is blind faith.

Religious belief is only possible if you are able to take things on faith without asking for any real evidence. Once people's brains become wired to accept things as fact without any evidence for them, it is only too easy (with enough money) to manipulate them into believing any bullshit thing you through at them.

Not to say that there isn't religious belief on the left as well, but the right seems to have the market cornered on using peoples religion to manipulate them.

dude you're funny. i think you have "blind" faith and asinine assumptions confused...which proves your point on "Once people's brains become wired to accept things as fact without any evidence for them, it is only too easy (with enough money) to manipulate them into believing any bullshit thing you through at them." because you're clear evidence of this statement.

This issue has nothing to do with religion, yet people like you consistently love to throw religion under the bus when people act crazy. Maybe the reason why those morons are going insane is because it's a leftover trait from the orangutans they evolved from....did they throw feces at each other!?

anyways...we can debate this offline if you wish. we already did this a few months ago

This issue has nothing to do with religion, yet people like you consistently love to throw religion under the bus when people act crazy. Maybe the reason why those morons are going insane is because it's a leftover trait from the orangutans they evolved from....did they throw feces at each other!?

SWEET! Guys can we PRETTY PLEASE turn this into another evolution thread??? No matter where you are on the internet, the evolution threads are the absolute funniest.

Pretty please with a cherry on top!!!

In the end, it tends to be a smokescreen and obscures any real debate on the issues at hand.

Thats the truth. Ever notice that anytime people on the "crazy" right have an issue with the "crazy" left that it all turns back to religion?

People are upset with health care not religion. As anthony said "we did this a few months ago"

http://www.stateofprotest.com/morality/dna-sculpture-vile-offensive/

Thats all I have to say about how Fucked up america is...

url is temp. borked, so here's the text

DNA Sculpture exhibit at UC Berkeley playground turning heads, sparking complaints1

evilDNA2

PTA president asks school’s parents to file complaints with the county

By Richard Vernon, P.O.E.

State of Protest

July 27, 2009

EAST BERKELEY – Think of Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man . . . zoomed in to an ungodly scale.

V-Man

The large, plastic and metallic sculpture parked outside UC Berkeley’s Lawrence Hall of Science, is stoking the angry fires of parents of children who attend nearby Claremont Park Elementary School.

“My daughter suggested that it was funny,” said John Copeland, whose 7-year-old daughter attends summer camp there. “She shouldn’t be talking to me about this. Now I’m forced to explain genetics to her, and why the Bible doesn’t say anything about it.”

The genetically correct structure is part of an ongoing exhibit titled “DNA Sculpture,” created by acclaimed artist Ashe Kutchya, which represents “genetic material from an enzyme,” according to Lawrence Hall of Science’s website.

It depicts a DNA double helix — two congruent helices with the same axis, differing by a translation along the axis. The structure is larger than life, and elongated. Its genetic analogy to human life is subtle.

“It’s a piercing piece, quite abstract,” said Francis Pegro, the groundskeeper in charge of maintaining the sculpture as well as other displays in the playground. “It’s honest and natural.”

Pegro said he’s received some complaints, but also praise.

Although DNA Sculpture has been on display in various public parks and playgrounds, Jenny Garrotte, Claremont Park PTA president, said she found it distasteful and verging on obscene, and e-mailed parents Wednesday morning, asking them to file complaints with Pegro and with Alameda County Code Enforcement.

“Everybody is entitled to their own opinion regarding what art is,” said Garrotte. “If this piece weren’t visible to passersby and available for children to play on, I would not have a problem with it.”

Still, Terence Lythma, a teacher in the school’s summer program, said he has not heard any of the children talking about the piece.

“It’s the parents who have been talking about it,” he said. “The children don’t really make an issue of it.”

Kutchya, the creator of DNA Sculpture, could not be reached for comment despite attempts by phone. But it’s not the first time his sculptures have drawn public scrutiny. In 1996, the Oakland City Council made him modify the depiction of DNA so that it matched a dog’s DNA structure rather than a human’s until public pressure and national attention reversed the city officials’ position. He later reverted the structure to depict human DNA.

In 2006, The Ovum, a sculpture of a human unfertilized egg by Sonoma-area artist Nabry Gussom and installed at the Petaluma Community Center, generated complaints over its super-realistic undulations and dampness.

“It’s awful that people react to art in this manner,” said Amy Boswin, director of the Novato Ignacio Art Gallery near Petaluma. “If they opened a biology textbook, they’d see a lot more risqué stuff than that.”

Meanwhile, Copeland said he hopes the owner of the plaza removes the sculpture before school starts next month.

“There are 1000 kids in the school that are going to be exposed to it,” he said. “It’s vile and offensive, and kids have no business seeing what God thought fit to hide from our eyes.”

No word yet from local government officials, who apparently have their hands full with other depictions of human reality in art.3

Edited by zander

I think you mean chimps.

Anyway, that's my pot-stirring for the day.

i was going to say chimps or apes but orangutans sounded funnier.

Edited by anthonyc

i was going to say chimps or apes but orangutans sounded funnier.

A friendly FYI to both of you - No scientist is saying we evolved from chimps. They're saying chimps and humans both evolved from an earlier common ancestor that was neither chimp nor human.

Evolution deniers like to pretend scientists say we came from modern chimps (as a way of bending the truth to make us look silly), but the fact is no one is claiming this.

Cheers

Guest Sao_Bento

For a guy who puts his two cents into everything, I'm surprised to see that Sao Bento hasn't stepped in here yet.

Comeon Sao..... Which one of us are you going to punch?

LOL. You know me too well. Actually, I wrote quite a long post, then I took a deep breath and pushed the "cancel" button.

This makes me scared, even though i live a few thousand miles away from the States. Also the way certain politicians debate about such harmless an issue like a public healthcare system, sounds quite strange to my european ears. May it calm down Miss Palin if somebody would tell her that public healthcare didn´t kill anybody over here for quite a long time?

LOL. You know me too well. Actually, I wrote quite a long post, then I took a deep breath and pushed the "cancel" button.

If I had a dime for every time I did that I'd be able to afford a better health care plan.

Edited by scott frizzle