Sign in to follow this  
parallax

Are you kidding me?

Healthcare Reform on the Back of a Napkin

There, that wasn't hard, was it? No 'Tree of Liberty replenished with the blood of tyrants,' no 'Hitler's T-4 Euthanasia Policy,' no 'Death Panels'....

No Death Panels?

:(

Was kind of looking forward to those...

I was hoping Death Panel Member would be like a local elected position. Like Dogcatcher or something

Edited by stutts

Last month I jumped across the pond to visit my sister in New York and was amazed at the questions asked about my countries (New Zealand & Germany) health care systems and how they functioned.... some of the questions were absolutely dumbfounding.

This Washington post article gives a good break down of “other countries” health care systems in comparison to the good old US of A:

5 Myths About Health Care Around the World

A small snippet:

“In many ways, foreign health-care models are not really "foreign" to America, because our crazy-quilt health-care system uses elements of all of them. For Native Americans or veterans, we're Britain: The government provides health care, funding it through general taxes, and patients get no bills. For people who get insurance through their jobs, we're Germany: Premiums are split between workers and employers, and private insurance plans pay private doctors and hospitals. For people over 65, we're Canada: Everyone pays premiums for an insurance plan run by the government, and the public plan pays private doctors and hospitals according to a set fee schedule. And for the tens of millions without insurance coverage, we're Burundi or Burma: In the world's poor nations, sick people pay out of pocket for medical care; those who can't pay stay sick or die.”