Sign in to follow this  
Fred Camino

Mographing w/ Swine Flu

I've had a pretty serious case of Swine Flu (self-diagnosed) for the past week and have been working on a project with a deadline this Sunday evening. My eyes are itchy and watery, my nose is running like a faucet, I sneeze in bursts of 5 every 4 seconds which splatters flu particulates all over my LCD, I am coughing violently producing heavy phlegm, and the excess of DayQuil has put the entire experience in bullet time. Anyone else working under such extreme conditions? I've been hoping for salvation, but my faith is wearing thin.

Guest Sao_Bento

I once edited for a full day while constantly keeping my mouth full of ice cold water to suppress the pain of a tooth that needed to be yanked. I also remember being deathly ill on my first stereoscopic project which was also for a first time client. They weren't very understanding. By far, the worst was when Chris Abbey said "dude, you are such an asshole" to me (hurt feelings) :lol::lol::lol:

I once edited for a full day while constantly keeping my mouth full of ice cold water to suppress the pain of a tooth that needed to be yanked. I also remember being deathly ill on my first stereoscopic project which was also for a first time client. They weren't very understanding. By far, the worst was when Chris Abbey said "dude, you are such an asshole" to me (hurt feelings) :lol::lol::lol:

Hurt feelings are the worst, especially coming from a guy as good looking as Chris Abbey. It's like God saying he's disappointed in you.

Was on a greenscreen shoot about a month and a half ago while on a bunch of Vicodin and was pretty out of it. Had just passed a gallstone the day before and was on some crazy intravenous narcotic while in the hospital. I was completely out of it - somehow didn't notice that the DP started putting the camera on his shoulder without using tracking markets... Been dealing with this footage for 4 weeks past my estimated completion date now.

Edited by AromaKat

Was on a greenscreen shoot about a month and a half ago while on a bunch of Vicodin and was pretty out of it. Had just passed a gallstone the day before and was on some crazy intravenous narcotic while in the hospital. I was completely out of it - somehow didn't notice that the DP started putting the camera on his shoulder without using tracking markets... Been dealing with this footage for 4 weeks past my estimated completion date now.

I have got some surprisingly good 2D tracks out of tracking defects on a greenscreen (slightly newer dabs of chromakey paint etc). I tried KeyCorrect denoiser (nice and quick - other options may work too) and then Levels - go to your green channel and move the ends in till your details are as contrasty as possible. You need to expand your tracking areas a lot which slows it down.

Probably not solid enough for a 3D track, but might be worth trying.

I have got some surprisingly good 2D tracks out of tracking defects on a greenscreen (slightly newer dabs of chromakey paint etc). I tried KeyCorrect denoiser (nice and quick - other options may work too) and then Levels - go to your green channel and move the ends in till your details are as contrasty as possible. You need to expand your tracking areas a lot which slows it down.

Probably not solid enough for a 3D track, but might be worth trying.

Thanks for the tip. I have been playing with the levels, and tracking / smoothing from that. The results always looked a little off and I ended up being able to make quick edits, etc around those parts. There is not much 3d going on... well... kinda. There is a background, which I'm compositing the subject into - and its pretty far back in 3d space. It was shot on HD, going to SD - so since I am playing around with the framing by having an animated camera, I wanted some depth and perspective. I have been lucky in being able to mostly stick to the locked shots and use an AE camera to get more of a hand-held feeling, but unfortunately some of the specific movements, etc the director was asking the subject for were during the time the camera was on-shoulder.

Below are screenshots from two of the sequences so you can see what I mean.

HW_Fresh_01.pngHWFresh_02.pngHWFresh_03.pngHWFresh_05.pngHWFresh_06.png

Edited by AromaKat