Sign in to follow this  
beau+++

C4D cafe won't let me do anything

I feel like such a newb right now.

I found 3DKiwi's Swinging Object tutorial on c4dcafe, so I registered in order to download it. I validated my account etc, I logged in - all seemed to be working as expected. Unfortunately I still didn't have permission to download anything. "No problem" I thought, the admin must need to manually turn on those features for me, so I waited until this AM. Sat back down at my computer this morning and now my login didn't work....

Soooo I re-registered with the exact same username this morning. Validated, logged in, still couldn't download. "Odd" I thought, "I'll just search their forums. Surely someone else has had this issue before". Great, I don't have permission to use the search feature either. Frustrated, I went to the list of forum admins thinking I could just PM them or maybe email them... nope, I don't have permission to do that either.

I mean I understand why they wouldn't want me to be able to post or upload right after registering, but seriously I can't even use the search feature or download a tutorial? I don't want to sound like I'm ripping on them at all, I mean it IS free - I'm just frustrated. I don't want to go download a torrent of his tutorials or something...

theyre just operating on kiwi time. j/k

who knows what thats about - i could download and share it to you? PM if that would help

re: c4dcafe, i used to watch a ton of their tool based tutes when i was first learning c4d, and we had a project with UV unwrapping a head, and couldnt figure it out. and posted the question to c4dcafe, and the 3D kiwi (Nigel) busted out a custom tutorial with him unwrapping our model.. that was pretty surreal

theyre just operating on kiwi time. j/k

who knows what thats about - i could download and share it to you? PM if that would help

re: c4dcafe, i used to watch a ton of their tool based tutes when i was first learning c4d, and we had a project with UV unwrapping a head, and couldnt figure it out. and posted the question to c4dcafe, and the 3D kiwi (Nigel) busted out a custom tutorial with him unwrapping our model.. that was pretty surreal

Thanks for the offer. I'm not in as much of a rush anymore, I may take you up on that tomorrow if I'm still unable to just grab it on my own. Re: 3DKiwi- yeah I've seen him go above and beyond for people all the time. Seems like a great guy.

I dunno, i'm quite active on c4d cafe. I know they moderate your first post, but i think you should be able to download as soon as you register. I'll forward this thread to kiwi in a pm, hopefully he'll be able to get it sorted. cheers.

Hi everyone. This thread was drawn to my attention. I will clarify things for anyone having issues with C4D Cafe.

After you register you have to respond to the instant validation email. One this is done you have to wait until my Admin person manually approves your account. This is usually done twice every 24 hours. While you are waiting you will not be able to post, download anything or use search. Unfortunately due to the ever increasing number of people signing up bogus account with the intention of spamming or getting up to mischief we have been forced to take this step.

By manually approving new accounts we also can reject people who sign up with silly names. The name "SP3KTR" is not acceptable to us. It might be here but it's not at the cafe. That would likely explain the problems SP3KTR encountered. We say in our conditions of joining that names have to be able to be pronounced in English and also they can't all be in capitals. Name also can't contain non Alpha Numeric character so the name "beau+++" is not acceptable either although the forum software should automatically reject a name like this.

We also reject / delete new accounts where the person joining writes in nonsense for module information. We also eject new accounts where the email address contains offensive language.

There are too many bogus accounts being signed up for us to contact each person who signs up to work through their application. Most people who sign up and choose a normal sounding member name and fill in their C4D version and module information will have no issues joining.

I would be able to assist anyone having problems in getting an account set up at C4D Cafe. Just send me an email:

3dkiwi @ c4dcafe.com (remove the 2 spaces)

Regards

Nigel / 3DKiwi

p.s. We don't moderate new members first few posts anymore since we manually approve new accounts.

Thanks for the response 3DKiwi. I was using the name "biggieboy" (same username I use for everything) - maybe that was deemed inappropriate? (I really don't know what could possibly be inappropriate about it but it's all I can think of). I definitely kept my module information within guidelines so I guess the admin must have manually been deleting me based on the username - which would explain why my account stopped working twice. Anyway, I've tried it again using my real name (which I really should have done in the first place instead of griping on mograph - I just really thought there was a bug in the system).

Thanks again everyone

I'm guessing they thought the name biggieboy had sexual connotations and your intentions were to SPAM them with growth pills LOL

hmm... I guess using my real name probably won't work either - Dickby Vaginason

Hi Guys I can't believe I that someone got the EXACT SAME PROBLEM that I'm having. I'm trying to download the same tutorial and I can't seem to register. Thank god forums exist (maybe every problem of life is already answered in a forum!) so at least I could diminish my frustration.

I already tried 2 register 2 times waiting for the approval and getting deleted the next day in each, both with the same nick: jooaquin. I've used my hotmail account because I got that gmail was banned (I guess they don't like Gmail).

I've also send and email to the admin suggested email but got no awser.

I'll try with Kiwi's adress.

Thanks for the offer. I'm not in as much of a rush anymore, I may take you up on that tomorrow if I'm still unable to just grab it on my own. Re: 3DKiwi- yeah I've seen him go above and beyond for people all the time. Seems like a great guy.

I do acept your offering. I'll send you a PM right now (hope not to botther you). Maybe you could post it here for people that may have this problem.

Thanks,

Joaquin.

Nigel is the best forum operator of all time. He sent me a PM when I was having troubles finding my password at work (because its saved at home) and cleared up confusion for me. He's also usually one of the first to post solutions to people's troubles.

Hey guys. It's confirmed: 3Dkiwi is a great dude. After I e-mail him he created an account for me that same day. And browsing the forum I've see that he gets very involved in peoples request.

I still think he have an issue with nick names though (I don't know what's wrong with jooaquin).

Edited by jooaquin