Sign in to follow this  
DBOT

Texture Masks

Hey folks! I am trying to achieve a very simple effect within my material in C4Dl, however I am finding it very difficult to figure out how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I have a material within which I have two bitmap images. These are both exactly the same except for their color. I am trying to move a mask across one of these to reveal the image below...is this possible? Ideally I just want to make a mask within the material which can move over time to hide/reveal one of the bitmaps from the other. Any help would be fab!!! Thank you! :)

Edited by DBOT

Hey folks! I am trying to achieve a very simple effect within my material, however I am finding it very difficult to figure out how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I have a material within which I have two bitmap images. These are both exactly the same except for their color. I am trying to move a mask across one of these to reveal the image below...is this possible? Ideally I just want to make a mask within the material which can move over time to hide/reveal one of the bitmaps from the other. Any help would be fab!!! Thank you! :)

Assuming you mean in c4d?

Like this? Put texture A on object. Use an animated gradient in the alpha channel on texture B.

Or somebody else will probably give you a better, quicker answer

c4d file

Just had a look at this and it doesn't quite do it, but with some adjusting you should be able to do it.

Edited by Bakahatsu