Sign in to follow this  
Xenocide

Exclude Reflection for certain objects

Hello Forum,

i have my scene set up in Cinema 4D but i only want some objects reflected on certain other objecs.... How do i restrict the reflection to let's say only one object? I can only choose with the C4D Tag that it should not reflect at all. Hopefuly someboy can help me out!

Thx!

Edited by Xenocide

No worries.

Add a compositing tag to the object you wish to exclude from any reflections. Select the tag in the object manager. The attribute manager should then display a load of properties for the tag, one set of which are grouped under the heading [tag]. There should be a load of checkboxes, most of which should be checked. Uncheck the [seen by reflection] box and render. Simples.

In future, you might find the Cinema 4D help section a better place to find answers to your questions. If you highlight almost any property or part of the cinema4d interface and hit [ctrl]+[f1] it will bring up the relevant entry for that property in the help files.

Dan

It's better in reflection situations to use the composite tags to INCLUDE the objects you want to reflect ON TO instead of exclude. The reason being is that if you add a new object to a scene it will reflect in that object by default. But if you INCLUDE that object in reflections, it will only reflect in objects you tell it to. That was a bit of a brain bender.

sureMOE!

It's better in reflection situations to use the composite tags to INCLUDE the objects you want to reflect ON TO instead of exclude. The reason being is that if you add a new object to a scene it will reflect in that object by default. But if you INCLUDE that object in reflections, it will only reflect in objects you tell it to. That was a bit of a brain bender.

sureMOE!

Your comment helped in 2016.Thank you :)