Sign in to follow this  
Trione

AE CS5 AVI Render Resizing

I came across a weird thing this morning. I do a lot of work with digital signage and crazy aspect ratios. I rendered out a 3924x28 AVI and noticed that After Effects CS5 had increased the height to 32px. When

I went to render this project I noticed that I had an AE Alert in my Output Module Settings notifying me that my project would be resized to meet format constraints. As of now, we decided to use a work around and just render the movie as quicktime and convert it later.

I came across a weird thing this morning. I do a lot of work with digital signage and crazy aspect ratios. I rendered out a 3924x28 AVI and noticed that After Effects CS5 had increased the height to 32px. When

I went to render this project I noticed that I had an AE Alert in my Output Module Settings notifying me that my project would be resized to meet format constraints. As of now, we decided to use a work around and just render the movie as quicktime and convert it later.

See this thread, where Tim Kurkoski explains all:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/680024

See this thread, where Tim Kurkoski explains all:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/680024

FWIW, most (if not all) of the people doing < x32 stuff output in AVI.

@Trione, we are all Mac based so no AVI output, so when I do stuff like that I just render out Lossless MOV and use a program called "Episode" to encode to AVI. Only decent program other than just ffmpegx to do that, that I've found.