Sign in to follow this  
Lab 316

How to get smooth edges in C4D

Noob here, here is my animation: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid615523982001?bctid=650949079001

i know it's low quality, i rendered it small to save time, it pretty much looks like that on the local machine.

how can i get the edges of the screen (on the inside, red edges) and the shadows to not be so juddy? I can't quite seem to find the right setting to smooth those edges out as it rotates.

Noob here, here is my animation: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid615523982001?bctid=650949079001

i know it's low quality, i rendered it small to save time, it pretty much looks like that on the local machine.

how can i get the edges of the screen (on the inside, red edges) and the shadows to not be so juddy? I can't quite seem to find the right setting to smooth those edges out as it rotates.

Make sure you're using "Best" antialiasing. The soft shadow flicker can be remedied by increasing the sample size of the shadow, or by using an area shadow instead of a soft shadow. Is that red rectangle looking that ratty when you preview render inside Cinema? Some codecs can't deal with saturated reds which can really destroy your edges. If it looks good inside Cinema but crappy in your rendered file try a lossless codec or image file format which should get rid of the edge issues.

As Scott implies, if you need to compress movies with bright red objects, try setting your Saturation and Brightness values of your red to 90%. Full saturation reds are not broadcast safe, and codecs don't like them.

As Scott implies, if you need to compress movies with bright red objects, try setting your Saturation and Brightness values of your red to 90%. Full saturation reds are not broadcast safe, and codecs don't like them.

Thanks guys, the red area is only there as a placeholder for after effects, it will be replaced.

In cases like this, is it better to do a gray or more neutral color to render it out since it doesn't matter and going to make composited out in AE anyway?