Sign in to follow this  
Chad

Drifting positions in hierarchy

I have searched for awhile and can't find how to fix this for my set up.

I am animating an 2D snake in C4D to bring to AE. I have the snake tongue as a separate object because I need to have the flexibility of it being separate in AE for a morph later down the road. When I put the controllers for the tongue in the hierarchy of the IK controllers for the snake or in the joints of the snake there is a delay in the position of the tongue. I have read there is a execution order of events you can change to fix this but everything I change never fixes the problem. I have even tried Xpresso and I have the same problem. Any ideas? the file is below. Thanks!

http://cl.ly/1A001w2H0j251b0S3U0S

first off I don't understand why you are using spline wrap and spline ik....why not just weight the tongue joints to the tongue geometry.

that said the issue is with the spline wrap...you have to make sure it calculates after the ik that you have set up.

since the spline wrap lacks the ability for you to manually set a priority the only way around it is to make sure that the spline wrap is below the spline that is supposed to be following in the object manager.

yeah, what jesus said =)

but more importantly, seems a bit overkill to do this in cinema. AE has a puppet tool, with bone and ik support i'm pretty sure. That should do everything you are after pretty well.