Sign in to follow this  
Guest NEU

Future newspaper interface wip

Guest NEU

Its just a guy reading a futuristic version of a newspaper, and all the things it could contain. Hope that helps, sorry about not including it earlier.

Its just a guy reading a futuristic version of a newspaper, and all the things it could contain. Hope that helps, sorry about not including it earlier.

You just described what the video is. I think what the Monkey means is what were you trying to achieve with this piece? Do you want comments on the design of the UI? Of the compositing? Of the concept? Of the typography? etc..

Overall, it feels like a quick exercise in compositing and animation. Nothing stands out as particularly bad or good.

My 2¢.

Edited by adam_etypical

Guest NEU

Ohhh, my fault for the interpreting wrong. Nah I'm just a little unsure about the background and the overall compositing, and I've been looking at it too long and need some other advice/opinions.

Thanks for clearing that up adam, and thanks for your 2¢ as well

Ah, ok cool. We'll here's 2 more ¢ :)

The background/comp seem to have a little disconnect. He's reading this paper, checking in on basketball...and for some reason it looks like he's in some epic, medieval cathedral out of a weird action movie.

The background/comp dont seem to fit with the concept. The color correction seems to heavy and magic-bullet-bloomy- too much lightwrap. So it just feels a little weird I guess.

Ok, thats all my ¢!

Guest NEU

The background/comp seem to have a little disconnect. He's reading this paper, checking in on basketball...and for some reason it looks like he's in some epic, medieval cathedral out of a weird action movie.

The background/comp dont seem to fit with the concept. The color correction seems to heavy and magic-bullet-bloomy- too much lightwrap. So it just feels a little weird I guess.

Ok, thats all my ¢!

Awesome, I love ¢! :) haha

Yeah i figured as much, it was the only pic I had on my computer that really worked. Guess I needed someone else to tell me that.

Thanks for the input!

Guest NEU

Ok, thats all my ¢!

Awesome, I love ¢! :) haha

Yeah i figured as much, it was the only pic I had on my computer that really worked. Guess I needed someone else to tell me that.

Thanks for the input!

Can you re-shoot, It looks like the guy is agravated when touching screen and spining wheel, even though its a touch screen he seems to put in the same amount of effort it takes to spin the big ass wheel, on wheel of fortune. Also, I think he should be working the wheel with out looking at it. why does the "newspaper move with him? how is this thing being projected? if not projected and a glass surface, I don't think it should move with him... not sure about the whole scrolling up and down or just down, how do you find the topics you want to read about? maybe some icons on the wheel?

Guest NEU

Can you re-shoot, It looks like the guy is agravated when touching screen and spining wheel, even though its a touch screen he seems to put in the same amount of effort it takes to spin the big ass wheel, on wheel of fortune. Also, I think he should be working the wheel with out looking at it. why does the "newspaper move with him? how is this thing being projected? if not projected and a glass surface, I don't think it should move with him... not sure about the whole scrolling up and down or just down, how do you find the topics you want to read about? maybe some icons on the wheel?

Unfortunately I can't :( this was footage taken in one of my grad classes from this past semester, it was a one day thing.

Do a reshoot with different angles. Just borrow a friends DSLR.

Definitely write down a brief on what you want to accomplish. Storyboard it out. Print out the interfaces and do a test run.

It's not really going anywhere right now. There is no symbiotic relationship between the interface and the user at all.

Take a look at what's out there. Not telling you that you have to do it this way, just study how the masters do interfaces and what their underlying concept is. Going in with a stronger concept will yield better results. The concept will drive your execution.

Example

Edited by hyp3

Guest NEU

I'm not sure if I'll be able to but I'll shoot my professor and email to see if he still has the guys contact information.

Thanks for the link hyp3, I'm not sure if I want something that technical but I understand where your coming from and appreciate the advice. I had an idea where I wanted to go with this but didn't really write down/board anything which was pretty dumb in hindsight. Reading Prologue's process behind IM/IM2 will definitely help me in the long run, thanks again.