Sign in to follow this  
Xrossfader

Melting Logo?

I've looked around the web and I can't find a resource on how to at least get started with something like this. If you take a cube and you want to melt it into just a puddle of water and back to the logo it was, how can I start something like this? The melt deformer isn't good for this and metaballs are not really working out for me. I'm just not sure where to go from here and I'd love to get any insight. Thanks in advance if you have 2 cents to share!

Cheers,

Lukasz

Screen%20shot%202011-02-24%20at%209.59.03%20AM.png

cloth is one idea, ya. if that doesnt work, maybe subdivide the logo into tiny enough pieces that you can work with it in a metaball object

edit: didnt see that you already tried metaballs. i should add that i would use something like polyfx/random effector (animated falloff from bottom to top) with a dynamics tag on the logo to have it collapse into itself convincingly. THARUSI (http://nitro4d.com/blog/freebies/thrausi-1-10/) is a great free plugin for breaking your object into solid chunks with actual thickness. i think if the subdivisions on your logo are small enough then you can create a somewhat convincing liquidy look out of it. good luck! show us what you come up with :-D

Edited by highfive