Sign in to follow this  
Duder

Girl With a Dragon Tattoo

all three movies are available on netflix to stream. why wait until december to watch the americanized version of the first film? hell, why not just go read them all now for that matter?

why does hollywood continually feel the need to remake stuff?

Almost done the book. It's much better than I was expecting -- every book that gets overly popular I tend to assume is just action-filled pulp. I'm actually really, really enjoying it. Though every single time he mentions technology, it's hard not to cringe. Lots of "oh, let me just quickly open this in PhotoShop on my iBook with 280mb of RAM". And yes, the author does in fact write "PhotoShop".

all three movies are available on netflix to stream. why wait until december to watch the americanized version of the first film? hell, why not just go read them all now for that matter?

image.jpg

Fincher wouldn't get involved with the movie if he didn't have it his way.

If you enjoyed Se7en, Fight Club, Zodiac, you'll enjoy this. He's become a very mature filmmaker.\

Social Network sucked, though.

Fincher wouldn't get involved with the movie if he didn't have it his way.

If you enjoyed Se7en, Fight Club, Zodiac, you'll enjoy this. He's become a very mature filmmaker.\

Social Network sucked, though.

If you take Alien3 out of the mix, I would say he matured on Se7en alone.

We can be disgusted with Hollywood for things, but if I was an old guy who was basically a banker in the movie industry, I would do the exact same thing. What makes money is quite often not what makes art. Don't blame them, blame society. The People buy the shit and demand with their wallets. Hence reality TV, AutoTune, CNN turning into The Enquirer, and Hollywood sequels and remakes.

We can be disgusted with Hollywood for things, but if I was an old guy who was basically a banker in the movie industry, I would do the exact same thing. What makes money is quite often not what makes art. Don't blame them, blame society. The People buy the shit and demand with their wallets. Hence reality TV, AutoTune, CNN turning into The Enquirer, and Hollywood sequels and remakes.

Exactly.

"When nations grow old, the arts grow cold and commerce settles on every tree" - William Blake.

Good ol' Hollywood has been doing this for years and Fincher is no exception.

He's a commercial director. He's not Malick.

He's probably the most talented out of all the people from Propaganda Films.

I enjoy good "Hollywood" films, just not excrement like Transformers, etc.

The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo is not a remake, it's based off of a book. It has a $100 budget, very well known actors...so it is a "Hollywood" film.

I would pay my obligatory $10 at a theater for any Fincher movie.

The way I see this is that the series is very popular and the studio knows the market—so they called in Fincher, who's great at gritty crime thrillers. Shit, if I was him, I'd pick it too. Full artistic control? Sign me up.

Edited by pix3l

I would pay my obligatory $10 at a theater for any Fincher movie.

I'd pay $10 just to watch Fincher shoot a dog turd with an iPhone.

I didn't really like the Swedish movies much so I think Fincher's version will definitely be an improvement. From the trailer it looks like he's taken a different approach and is using the section where they piece together clues from old photographs, which is a big part of the book, that the Swedish version kind of omitted.

C'mon Swedes, step aside and let a real film industry adapt your bestselling novels into movies.

I had to look at the release date, to make sure is not a prank. Funny :)

I had to look at the release date, to make sure is not a prank. Funny :)