Sign in to follow this  
bickle66

Particles not rendering?

C4d 12 studio

I've got a particle emitting sphere's through a metaball....added to a hypernurb.

Rendering nicely in the picture viewer, but when I render the final piece, the metaball doesn't look it's taking to the spheres

am I missing a step?

thanks

Jason

Edited by bickle66

So youre saying you can preview the rendered frames fine in the picture viewer but then when you open them in another app the particles are gone? sorry im just a little confused about what you mean by picture viewer and 'final render' since i thought it was the same thing.

Do you mean that you're rendering successfully in the viewport and then the particles disappear once you export your render through the picture viewer maybe?

Correct. When I click the preview frame switch I can see the result I want. When I render the movie. Neither the picture viewer or the OUTPUT show the metaball.

I'm not in my studio now. I'll post images first thing in the morning.

Are the Metaball subdivision settings identical for Editor and Renderer? Preview rendering will use the editor settings. Same goes for HN subdivisions.

Cheers

Björn

I'm an idiot. I figured out that my birthrate RENDERER was only emitting 10 PPS as opposed to 500 in the editor.

looking good now.

Thanks

You're not an idiot - you just helped me a lot! :D