Sign in to follow this  
Neue Method®

QuickTime 7 Pro / Lion OSX

Is it just me, or has anyone had issues registering QuickTime 7 Pro on Lion OSX? I used the same serial number with both Leopard and Snow Leopard, however it no longer works. Even tried speaking with Apple tech support, which suggested to confirm that i am imputing the right information only.

Btw: On another note, i wasn't aware that you can save QuickTime movies without having QTPro on Lion as well. Nice, but odd.

I'm sure you've probably solved this issue by now, but I just wanted to say that I had exactly the same problem which I managed, finally, to solve.

If you've still got a copy of the original receipt from Apple for your Quicktime 7 Pro activation key. Or if you're still running Pro on another Mac, check the details in the field marked Registration To:

I was trying to use just my name (without a title) and kept getting the Invalid Code message. So after scouring the net and being completely frustrated, on a whim I added Mr. before my name (as it appeared on both my receipt from 2005 and in the Registration To: field on my old MacBook) and hey, presto!

Just goes to show that being anal enough to keep copies of the receipt of every download purchase CAN sometimes pay off :D

Edited by designergreg