Sign in to follow this  
FlipSwitch

Trying to Import a C4D PNG sequence into AE but to no avail ( And I can't seem to trouble shoot it at all)

Hey Guys,

OK so I have done this numerous times. Still new to C4D but I have learned a lot these last few months. Than something like this that is so amateur and I cannot trouble shoot happens. The link for both projects that you can see is on the bottom. But check out my output and render settings plus the error message when I try and import the PNG sequence first. Maybe you can see what's going on just by those.

Thanks for any help in advance guys! I really need to get this spot done this weekend and this speed bump is turning into a roadblock. Thanks again!c4d_ae.jpg

http://flipswitch.tv/c4d_ae_PNG_Import_problem.zip

c4d/ae project files

I opened up your AEP file and imported text.aec from C4D fine. The footage was missing (probably because it was looking for it elsewhere) so I did a replace footage and selected the sequence from the PNG sequence you provided and it worked. Just to be sure, you do have the AEC format import plugin that comes with C4D (and for your correct AE version), right? The only other thing I could think of is the directory structure... sometimes computers can be finicky about certain characters or lengths (refering to: "ZDI Projects for reel : Other graphic projects"). I'd try exporting to something equivalent to "Desktop\My_Folder" as a quick test.

AE CS5.5 on Win 7 x64

thanks guys... what is the plugin that allows me to import the AEC into AE called... and just to let you know I tried to just import the PNG sequence alone without the C4D camera data project and was getting the same error message. Started a new project and just imported the PNG sequence and that error message kept coming up. I just included the ACE camera data AE project file from C4D for the hell of it. Was more concerned that I couldn't import the PNG sequence into AE all by itself. Struck me as VERY weird.