Sign in to follow this  
destro

exporting animation data from C4D to VIZrt - any tips?

My work is looking at ways to integrate Cinema 4Ds modelling and animation tools with the real-time and interactive abilities of the VIZrt.

So far FBX and VRML look like the most likely contenders for an exchange format. Can anyone with experience with this offer any tips before I plough into the task?

We are using VIZrt in combination with cinema, I've never managed to take animation in successfully though. Our usual workflow is bake in all the lighting etc then take into VIZ and do all the animation there. We've had more success using VRML to export models than anything else though so that might be the best bet. I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Thanks for the info. I tried a few tests but had the same outcome as you. The models went through the pipe OK but no animation data survived. I'll keep at it for a bit longer but I suspect any solution I find will be a fudge.

Our VIZ guy heard from one of the VIZ developers that they are working on a proper solution so it might be sorted in the next VIZ update.