Sign in to follow this  
rato

C4D Help - TV Screen Mapping

Hi guys!

Currently working on this personal project on my free times.

But got stuck and some help would be great!

AxHA8vfCAAAp75t.jpg

So this is what I wanted to achieve, having one image *video* on all the monitors.

Not quite sure if this is possible to do.

gaming-12.jpg

Thanks in advance!

This is definitely possible to do. There are a few ways you could go about it. One way is to separate the video into the different screen segments in after effects or something.... but I'd probably look into using a projection mapping texture. You can use camera mapping to project one image across all the TV screens, but it won't show you the image that is in between the TV screens.... so I think I would just create a texture with the video as the image that I want to use and position it how I like for each screen.... since there is so much space in between each screen

Hopefully this makes sense?

If the screens are one object connected together, you could make a selection tag and apply the video material directly to that selection. Make sure the material is set to flat and then use the materials selection tool to scale up or down.

This is definitely possible to do. There are a few ways you could go about it. One way is to separate the video into the different screen segments in after effects or something.... but I'd probably look into using a projection mapping texture. You can use camera mapping to project one image across all the TV screens, but it won't show you the image that is in between the TV screens.... so I think I would just create a texture with the video as the image that I want to use and position it how I like for each screen.... since there is so much space in between each screen

Hopefully this makes sense?

I thought about the AE option, but i'm not sure how to make it with the C4D Projection mapping texture.

If the screens are one object connected together, you could make a selection tag and apply the video material directly to that selection. Make sure the material is set to flat and then use the materials selection tool to scale up or down.

The screens are separated objects. Might be a good option to try and make them just one single object yeah.

--

Thanks for the help! :)

You could also apply a compositing tag to all the objects (this way is doesn't matter if they are one or separate) and set them to the same object buffer. It will create a matte you could use in After Effects to apply footage.