Sign in to follow this  
jaypeeare

Star Wars 1313

Let me start off by telling you this trailer is all in real-time game engine, or I'm lead to believe all of it is. Lucasarts is working closely with ILM to make this game a true cinematic bounty hunter Star Wars, which is a big buy in for me besides the fact that I'm a huge Star Wars fan.

I'm pretty siked about this game. This game will probably push me to buy a Xbox 360 or even perhaps a new machine to play this freaking awesome looking game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/14/star-wars-1313-trailer

my personal hella nerdy opinion is that you will be buying a console in the last year they are supposed to exist as Sony and MS allegedly agreed to roll out their next gen consoles in 2013. Also, I hate to have a religious argument, but if you're buying a modern console, PS3 is hands down the better machine. The controls are 10 bit instead of 8 bit, More metal parts, better made all around, free online. Etc. Sony loses money on the construction of the PS3 and MS makes money on the 360 by making it the piece O junk that it is. Sorry. I'm a jerk. But after owning both for a few years of overlap there was a marked difference. The big scam out there is making people think they are in the same league when they're not. Even if the graphics prowess is only a slight difference (ps3 having a slight advantage), the hardware quality and features are a huge difference. .....I M (drunk) O......

In the morn I will regret posting something that 12 years old fight about.

There is no way an xbox 360 or a PS3 will run anything close to that quality in real-time. Maybe a PS4 or xbox720? (next gen, next gen... :wacko: ) might get close.

I'm still addicted to BF3 on PS3.

On the other hand, the PS3 always has worse graphics/performance in cross platform games, has patches that take 10-20mins to install just about every week, requires lengthy game installs and the whole on-line thing tends to not work for months on end :P

I factor in 20 mins between booting up my PS3 and actually being able to play these days.

my personal hella nerdy opinion is that you will be buying a console in the last year they are supposed to exist as Sony and MS allegedly agreed to roll out their next gen consoles in 2013. Also, I hate to have a religious argument, but if you're buying a modern console, PS3 is hands down the better machine. The controls are 10 bit instead of 8 bit, More metal parts, better made all around, free online. Etc. Sony loses money on the construction of the PS3 and MS makes money on the 360 by making it the piece O junk that it is. Sorry. I'm a jerk. But after owning both for a few years of overlap there was a marked difference. The big scam out there is making people think they are in the same league when they're not. Even if the graphics prowess is only a slight difference (ps3 having a slight advantage), the hardware quality and features are a huge difference. .....I M (drunk) O......

In the morn I will regret posting something that 12 years old fight about.

Hahaha, love your rant. Well that is something to consider when the game comes out. Definitely feel like that this game is meant for the new consoles or maybe not. Besides the whole PS3 & Xbox debate, I wouldn't mind building a decent machine to run this bad ass game or even paralleling my Mac.

Edited by jayppeare

I just can't resist the temptations of the comfy sofa.

It just sucks you in sometimes. You can't help it to just get sucked in & mindless shoot people, fly jet planes around, troll n00bs, C4 your vehicle & drive it off into a tank or what have you.