Sign in to follow this  
KGB

Long time no see!

I love this place!! I found this back in 2006 when in school and it was fundamental to helping me succeed (hopefully) in an industry and profession that I truly love. As time passes though, I found myself freelancing and running a business and having less and less time to hop on and really speak to the more core aspects of what brought me here in the first place: inspiration and honest, if not brutal feedback and sarcasm.

Would have to agree that it had turned more into a "make this effect" or "what to buy" thing, but that's probably because generally you get really great answers from people who really know what they are talking about and there is no other place on the interwebs like it.

Would love to see a different inspiration section of the site where we could brainstorm ideas and show boards or process for others. Seems like it might be a hard thing though as most of the time the project I am working on are released six months later and would never be able to post WIP on her, but for those personal projects or others it would be freakin awesome.

ye i think that would be the main problem. The fact that now everyone has internet access everywhere. you can't really post projects while you're working on them. Which is kindof a bummer. if before the chances of a client ending up on this board where tiny, now they are significantly higher. and I dunno if it's me, but NDA's are MUCH more prelevant now. I don't really remember it being an issue when i started. Maybe just my clients changed..