Sign in to follow this  
tt__55

Advice On blobby Soft Body Sim

Hi All,

Trying to achieve an effect similar to this

(starts at 15sec)

The only way I have got these blobby things to work is by using soft body dynamics on a few different shaped spheres inside a cloner but with heavily subdivided spheres.

I sort of have the effect working but was wandering if there is any way I can cheat the soft body look as baking takes up to an hour just to check if it has worked, constant tweaking etc.

I am fairly new to C4D and dont know the deformers that well but was wandering if a mesh deformer can be used inside the cloner? Tried this but no luck so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You could probably do some trickery with deformers to get that look, but you may just end up pulling your hair out trying to fake what soft bodies are meant to do. You could always do your sim at a lower poly count and then throw your spheres into HyperNURBS objects. That way you wouldn't have to wait forever for your high-poly sims to bake.

R

Thanks for the response but I tried this and it didn't seem to work, also tried xref and instance but then heard these techniques will only work with rigid bodies.

Will prob stick with the soft bodies then.

Still would like to see if the mesh deformer could be used within a cloner.

Have you looked at RealFlow as an option? You can get some pretty decent soft body dynamics out of that and it will likely calculate quite a bit faster for you.

R