Sign in to follow this  
eliss

Better mograph randomization

I'm having a problem trying to replicate the randomization frequency of these leaf clones. Attached is my goal and current render.

Notice how the gold leaves are evenly distribted

125m5vt.png

Current render

m8jvjd.png

The random effector is changing the Mograph Multishader from black to gold.

2pq0tn4.png

The gold leaves group together :( How can I avoid this?

Yes, that is the work around for this situation. But, there IS a serious need for more "even distribution" options for the random effector in C4D....(think about how it works in space) IMHO.

Make two leaves under the cloner, one gold, one black. Set the Clone mode to Random and play with the seed until you get what you want. If you want more black than gold, put two or three blacks to just the one gold.

This option will not work because it's nested inside another cloner that moves upward. It'd just clone the randomness of that branch up. By applying the Multi Shader to Random I can effect the texture across multiple cloner objects.

Okay, so I was able to tweek the settings ever so slightly to get what I needed with the current setup.

I moved the gold color down one spot and moved the strength up 1%. When the gold color was in spot 1 or 3 the color was duplicated too many times. For some reason the 2nd spot had improved randomization!

vyf79.png