Sign in to follow this  
matsvm

School Assignment Final - Pringles ad

If looking for a critique:

You have something going there, but I would look into giving the piece as a whole more atmosphere. Right now it seems you have this 3d world just laying on top of a flat 2d background. If you have the background tied to the same world your camera lives in I think it would increase the look dramatically.

The beginning is a little boring, but picks up pace after the camera move.

You have the camera flying smack into, then through a pringles can at :15. Try to squeeze between those cans.

The cans seem flat with no shading, which goes against this whole 3d flying thing.

The overall structure is there, but could have more going on. There are times that take too long to get to the next event milestone and possibly some extra camera moves or secondary animations in the background could help resolve this.

Honestly, it's better than 99% of the student work I see. It hasn't quite escaped the student-work sphere, but that generally takes some industry experience -- you need people who can nudge you and suggest changes, and fill in some of the gaps in your skillset.

You have the right idea, though. Good depth, some punchy animation. You need to pick up the pace a bit so the whole piece echoes the punchy moments; it tends to drag a bit between the major beats.

Now that I read AromaKat's post, I see I'm mostly just echoing things he's already said. So, I guess consider this an endorsement of everything he's said :)