Sign in to follow this  
shapirog

Cinema 4D Camera Morph - can you modify the spline?

Hi,

When using the camera morph tag it seems like you can only choose from Linear, Soft 1, or Soft 2 for the interpolation. Is there a way to modify this on a point by point basis? Is it possible to change the shape of the path with bezier handles? Or is it just automatic based on those 3 settings? Thanks.

Hi,

When using the camera morph tag it seems like you can only choose from Linear, Soft 1, or Soft 2 for the interpolation. Is there a way to modify this on a point by point basis? Is it possible to change the shape of the path with bezier handles? Or is it just automatic based on those 3 settings? Thanks.

If you mean spatial path as opposed to temporal path, it appears each cam represents a point on the spline. So if you want extra points you add extra cams. Except from what I can tell C4D cam morph uses Cubic and Either B-spline or Akima for the 2 "softs" and you may get weird speed changes or loops in your spine by adding more cams to refine the spatial path. But I suppose worth a try, depends what you want your path to do.

May I guess that you want your path to get sharper where the cam slows down? Because it looks weird to have a cam get slow or stop but continue on the same arc?

I figured out a workaround:

Animate the morph camera covering the whole path (0 - 100%)

Put a null inside the cam

Run a tracer on the null

Press C on the tracer to make it a spline

Use "Round" on the spline generated by the tracer to round out the 100s of points

Set the path to bezier and you now have your path with bezier handles. Use align to spline to get your cam on the path.

Edited by shapirog