Sign in to follow this  
mattyluv

Los Angeles Editor/Motion Graphics Salary - Advice needed.

Hi Everyone I need some advice, I'm up for an editor position at a small produciton company in Los Angeles. They do end to end commercial production for some pretty big lifestyle brands, lots of commerials, some sizzles, web and event coverage with budgets around $80,00 to $450,000. I have been freelance the last three years and they are seeking a fulltime editor. They want someone good (not assistant level) and they pretty much offereed me the job ( I have 5+ yrs experience, expert at FCP AE, and C4d, previous lead and post-sup experience), They want to talk salary and after freelancing for so long and having such wide flucuations in my yearly net, I'm a little lost on what is the going fulltime post salary. IMO multiplying your daily or hourly rate by days or estimated fulltime hours is not going to be accurate.

What's the typical salary range at a place like this in Los Angeles?

My assumption is the low end at similar places with my skills is $75,000, is that way off?

Any adive is appreciated!... Thanks

All your eggs in one basket is a crying fit just waiting to happen. Don't do it.

If you do decide to get into negotiating a full-time salary remember this:

THE FIRST ONE TO MENTION MONEY LOSES.

Ask what the salary range is and ask for the high end. Don't live in LA, but I do live in a comparably priced (cost-of-living wise) city. Salary should probably be somewhere between 70-90k, assuming your day rate was between 5-600.