Hi, here is my new demoreel. the software used are AE CS6, 3D Max and Premiere CS6. Plugin used is Trapcode, and some free scripts downloaded online. Here is the link:

http://vimeo.com/72957519

Any feedback would be much appreciated (constructive one please).

Edited by seffil

I feel like this is a prime candidate for Binky's demo reel makeover. There are some good moments in here, but they're so completely buried by the length and edit of the reel that they might as well not exist.

The first and most important piece of advice--and this is almost always the advice--is to cut down your reel as much as you can. A demo reel doesn't need to show you at both your highs and your lows--you can cherry pick. If you've done 100 projects and you feel like only 10 of those are any good, then only put 10 projects in your demo reel. Cut and cut and cut and cut until you feel like you're only showing the absolute best work you've ever done. Even seasoned pros have trouble filling up more than 60 seconds with their "best" work. If your reel is more than a minute, odds are good there's stuff in there that could still be cut.

A more general note on your animation--a lot of your camera moves and animations are extremely linear, coming to hard stops instead of easing or having any natural motion to them. This is something I'd really recommend working on, but for the purpose of your demo reel, you can probably hide a lot of this pretty easily. Instead of showing entire clips from projects you've worked on, focus on really specific moments--a certain motion, animation, or camera move that you really like, and then cut away before it overstays its welcome.

You've managed to fill 2:41 with your work. I'd challenge you to cut away 2/3 of that. Get rid of every project that you're not 100% in love with, and keep cutting until you dip below 60 seconds.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I would have stopped watching your reel at the title card. That title card is your first impression, looks like you put zero design effort into it.

It doesn't need to be fancy but it needs to look like you care about the details.

Edited by anothername