Sign in to follow this  
clemse

Using the shader effector to inhibit moextrude ?

Hi again everyone ,
I'm having difficulties with the shader effector and ive been stuck with this problem forever.
Im having a sphere with extrusions (using moextrude) . This sphere then gets squashed a bit using the squash and stretch deformer. This combined with the moextrude gives some weird looking results which is why I want to use the shader effector to kinda inhibit the moextrude where the squashing takes place. This works so far, except for the fact that as soon as I activate the shader effector, my moextrusions get unusually long for the steps specified in the menu .
I need to use the shader effector in inverted mode . Do you guys have any ideas how I could use it this way , without it influencing my moextrusions ?
Any hints, alternatives or advice are greatly appreciated !

Well, not sure what you expect. You don't have a texture tag referenced in your shader effector, so how is it supposed to know what to do? This simply can't work. No material, no shader value. It's as simple as that. Granted, making it fully dynamic would require some more trickery, but you haven't even the basics in place...

Mylenium