Sign in to follow this  
tjoynt

Only render certain frames?

I end up doing this a lot, so I figured I'd see if anyone has a good fix for this.

I'll have a 300 frame project with a sponsor logo, and when I get a new sponsor logo, I only really need to change out frames 50-100 and 200-250 or whatever.

Right now, I've been just creating multiple projects with different render settings and setting those to go in the Render Queue. This is just kinda an annoying workaround, didn't know if anyone had a script or anything to render that in one project.

Thanks!

I believe you can create a render setting for each bracket of frames you need and then add each to the render queue from one file. Don't hold me to that because I haven't tried it, but it *should* work that way. Haha!

R

There used to be this awesome thing called net render.....

thats basically the same as render queue for what im doing, if not more time consuming.

didnt think about just setting different render settings, thanks!! i know it'd be something easy

Render settings are the best unknown feature of Cinema 4D. My default projects always have a Final 1080 render, a Finall Still frame for testing and a hardware preview for animation testing. So easy to use!

Let's see if I can combat this travesty: http://www.jordanmontreuil.com/blog/2013/12/3/how-to-use-render-settings-to-maximize-your-workflow-1.html

I wonder if a Python script could be written to do this kind of thing from one field. Like a simple if/than kind of thing. I'm not that familiar with the SDK to know, but I'm sure someone around here would have some insight.

R

You can always start CINEMA 4D from the console using the parameter -frame to render a specific single image, or -frame from [to] for a range of images.