Sign in to follow this  
tjoynt

Bake Align to Spline to Keyframes?

I've searched high and low and everything I've found has the same answer, but it's not working for me.

In the basic of scenes, I have a helix spline, a light, and an Align to Spline tag on the light.

I've animated the tag so the light moves from 0 to 100. I'm trying to turn that into keyframes on the light/null, so I can use an External Compositing Tag and use it in AE.

The only thing that I can get to bake from Timeline>function>bake object is the align to spline tag, it just sets keyframes for every frame possible. I can't even click Bake Objects when the Light is selected.

I swear I've done this before, but apparently not this way.

Any help?

You shouldn't need to bake or use an External Compositing tag at all. Just output your AEC file and all lights/cameras should automatically be included. That includes animation from things like Align To Spline tags.

R

Doesn't work for me. Tried to 2 different machines (mac pro 2010 and imac 2010).

I'll upload a test file in a minute and you can tell me what im doing wrong :D

EDIT: How do I attach...?

Edited by tjoynt

Well, yeah. Cause you rendered it. I'm talking about using the c4d file in AE via Cineware.

Bring in the c4d file, Extract C4D Scene Data, and the Light has no keyframe movement

Hahahahaha...

Thanks for your help...
Edited by tjoynt

if it doesn't work you can alway create a null, add a PSR constraint to link it to the lights position and then bake the constraint to keyframes with cappuccino. That gives you the anim data in world space, and it exports correctly

Yeah, I mean putting a null under it with a tag actually works IIRC. I was just hoping I was doing something wrong in order to get the keyframes there in Cineware.

Guess I completely forgot to mention I was trying to do it that way. :unsure:

If it makes you feel better, I have the flu. So I sorta am losing my mind.