Sign in to follow this  
Quietstorm627

2014 Demo Reel+Site Update

Hey Jordan,

A couple site-related comments. First, I would consider putting your reel in that thumbnail gallery in the top left corner where Chiquita is now. I know it's up in the menu bar, but it should be stupid easy to find and that's the area that always draws my eye. More personal preference than anything else. Second, when I got to your reel it took me a second to find the little play button in the middle of the window just due to color - it kinda disappears there being white-on-white (or grey, I guess). Can you just load up the Vimeo player instead of forcing the user to press a play button? The fewer steps to your reel the better I think.

Just my $.02

R

Better! I wouldn't remove the "reel" button from the menu bar though. With that gone you have to get back to "work" to see your reel if you're looking at a project. I know it seems redundant, but I'm not sure you can have too many ways to get to your reel (that's not true, you could totally overdo it, but two isn't excessive).

R