Sign in to follow this  
Todd Kopriva

After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update

Great, thanks Todd.

By the way, what's the verdict on the recent prores codec updates from Apple? There was a vague 'watch out!' note knocking about last week but I've not heard anything official.

Cheers - Chris

Todd,

Any reason why AE can't import multiple PP sequences at a time? Premiere can import multiple AE comps at a time I believe.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, just figured you'd be looking here.

I dread updates for CC coming out. It means I have to spend hours dicking around with A12E1 errors and all that shite on top of all the other CC signing in crap.

The only issue that caused us issue was 12.1 since it wiped all prefs and presets.

What are A12E1 errors?

Thanks for the link Todd (whose contribution here as AE guy I appreciate greatly).

I do follow this procedure, but that's about as seamless a way to update as me putting in a nice summer frock, putting a fez on, pulling on my docks, driving across the country to the Lake District, climbing Skiddaw all the time singing "If I had a Photograph of You" by Flock of Seagulls.

It's a pain in the arse.

I do follow this procedure, but that's about as seamless a way to update as me putting in a nice summer frock, putting a fez on, pulling on my docks, driving across the country to the Lake District, climbing Skiddaw all the time singing "If I had a Photograph of You" by Flock of Seagulls.

It's a pain in the arse.

You will not find me defending the current installation and update mechanism. The hope that I can give is to tell you that feedback like this does get to the folks working on these components, and they are working on making it better. Soon enough? No. But they are aware of the issues and working on them.

Thanks Todd, you are THE only person from Adobe I have communicated with that seems to take feedback seriously. Customer service is risible.

Heck, I really hope you don't take my anti-Adobe rants personally as they are most certainly not directed at your good self, and I realise I do go on. However, this is because after quarter of a century of being a customer I feel totally let down by the company. But this isn't the time or place for that rant either.

Suffice to say, I for one am very, very grateful for your input on this forum.

By the way, what's the verdict on the recent prores codec updates from Apple? There was a vague 'watch out!' note knocking about last week but I've not heard anything official.

I've seen several instances of people having problems, and one person on our team has succeeded in reproducing a crash of QT32 Server that only happens with these new codecs installed, but it's not happening on all systems. So, there's a problem, but it's not universal. Still investigating...