Sign in to follow this  
J Montreuil

AE CC is using insane amounts of RAM for all projects, no matter how small.

Ever since I started using AE CC instead of CS6, I've noticed my RAM using is through the roof. AE will utlitize all available RAM for every project, no matter how small. I was working on a project last night with 5 layers, only two pieces of footage for a total of 75 megs of footage. This is a screenshot of my Activity Manager:

ram.png

This project is two layers of quicktime movies, a layer for Optical Flares and a layer for Magic Bullet Looks. Very simple project that doesn't even take that long to render. Yet, AE takes up all of the RAM.

This will often max out my system, leaving me less than 50 megs of RAM. Which makes it impossible to use other programs while AE is running.

Does anyone have any idea why this happening and what I can do to stop it? I asked this on the Adobe forums but was unable to get help.

There is a known leak in ScriptUI, so if you use any scripts with custom panels this may explain the behavior. Otherwise the usual - leaky CoDecs, flakey CUDA, all sorts of other stuff or the usual Mac garbage. OSX is the new Windows. *lol*

Mylenium

There is a known leak in ScriptUI, so if you use any scripts with custom panels this may explain the behavior.

Mylenium

That explains a lot. Is this a bug that's being worked on or just known?

RepositionAnchorPoint at minimum is a daily use ScriptUI panel, not to mention a few more I would like to not live without.

And here I was pushing for 32GB of ram in my machine