Sign in to follow this  
Carey

Video about building compositions

Awesome sause. Keep them coming!

Man, I'd love to put one out a week, but I can barely get one out in a month. They are a BITCH so far. I thought this one was gonna be super fast and then nooooooooope. I keep underestimating how much work there is just to put out a half hour episode that looks like it was made in Powerpoint. :D

"Your butt rift is irritated."

That's really the take-away here.

That was another great video! Those were pretty great to see how the basic composition guidelines could be applied. Now I'm looking forward to see a more goal oriented video like you mentioned in the last part, and to see how this composition knowledge can help solve real problems!

Thanks Binky.

You know those nature documentaries where all the cute baby animals are dying of thirst, then you see a trickle of water, then a river, then a flood, then everything turns green and beautiful?

Well, that's what your vids are like in the dusty plains of the "PUSH THIS BUTTON - NOW YOU'RE AWESOME!!!" tutorials.

And "Scienceing"....ha!

You know those nature documentaries where all the cute baby animals are dying of thirst, then you see a trickle of water, then a river, then a flood, then everything turns green and beautiful?

Well, that's what your vids are like in the dusty plains of the "PUSH THIS BUTTON - NOW YOU'RE AWESOME!!!" tutorials.

You're super welcome, but are you sure you talking about a documentary and not just being super high? lulz

I don't know if this will turn into a river, let alone a flood. Joe posting that feature on motionographer definitely let a bunch of people know, but that was kind of a one-time thing, I'd imagine. It's pretty interesting to watch the way that the word spreads virally, and how it needs to keep hitting sizeable communities or the whole thing peters out.

You're super welcome, but are you sure you talking about a documentary and not just being super high? lulz

I don't know if this will turn into a river, let alone a flood. Joe posting that feature on motionographer definitely let a bunch of people know, but that was kind of a one-time thing, I'd imagine. It's pretty interesting to watch the way that the word spreads virally, and how it needs to keep hitting sizeable communities or the whole thing peters out.

That's just me talking from my selfish perspective. It's already like a flood of useful ideas to me.

One thing I'm going to throw out there is that people's voices in tutorial videos or the like really get to me within 5 minutes or so. Sometimes I want to punch myself in the face and throw up, and sometimes I have to do anything and everything to keep from falling asleep - or after about 10 mins go "oh shit what the hell were they saying for the last 10 mins...." I have subscribed to digital tutors in the past and would like to hunt down the guy that says "We're just gonna go ahead and do this.. mmkay?. Now we're gonna go ahead and paint this mmkay? Let's go ahead and mmkay, mmkay?"...and that was stuff that isn't free....

So even if your videos weren't totally filled with the wealth of information they are, I would still watch them because your VO work is quite dynamic and nice to listen to. (Along with all of your very entertaining picture and video edits that go nicely with your humorous remarks - which I imagine is one of the many reasons these take you so long.) So here's to me not smashing my face on my keyboard like Don Music, and here's to you for being awesome! HERE! HERE?

Keep 'em comin.

-Spunj