Sign in to follow this  
edrhine

How to do this "reveal" in C4D

I am looking to create something similar in C4D as at :10 in this awesome video where the rubber glove texture is brought on.

Any thoughts on how to create this would be super helpful as we are a bit stuck

Thanks! those are all great ideas. I guess the issues we are dealing with is thickness. I figured out a way to do the animated reveal like on the black rubber portion of the glove example... for the texture itself, but we need thickness to the object and the reveal as well.

Like a soccer ball forming for example, where the bladder is animated on and then the outer layer "grows" on with the look of the ref but with thickness to the geometry. Tried some cloth nurbs and boolean but it really screws up the textures.

looks to me like theres two surfaces, with the same alpha transition, with the top one offset above the other, if theres not too much of a gap it would give the effect of layers / thickness.

Just and update on this in case anyone is interested. An animated boole is working pretty nice actually. It was popping and then found out that for animation you should have the "High Quality" checked off. Still not where I want it but getting there.