Sign in to follow this  
rayray

New Reel

I absolutely agree with AromaKat - the white-text-on-black-background ending just a bummer. The tracked type for the intro is fine, but the composite isn't great, which might be forgivable if there was some really bad ass animation or something fun happening, but it just sort of sits there. That's really an opportunity to do something that 100% you and it sort of falls flat, which also doesn't do the good work in your reel any justice. It sets it up with a "meh" instead of a "YEAH!", ya know?

Reel wise, you've got some good work in there, but I feel like that edit could use some tightening. There's lots of spots where you lose momentum and it makes it feel slow. You could probably trim out a third of the work, or make the edits much quicker by eliminating some of the dead space and get it down under a minute easily which would help keep the pace feeling snappy and interesting. Also I think there are some good cues in that track that you aren't taking advantage of yet that would really help add some character and energy to the reel as a whole.

Hi guys,

I watched Binky's building a reel tuts and tried to take some pointers. Created an intro logo that I can use on my site and pulled out a lot of personal projects that weren't getting used, dumped a lot of the boring stuff - picked a new track and tried to let it drive the action. Still a WIP but thought I'd get some feedback.

cheers!

Edited by rayray