Sign in to follow this  
AromaKat

Crowd Simulation in C4D

We an upcoming job that involves the typical stadium crowd work, so I am shopping for crowd sim solutions. A stadium crowd doesn't have to be all that smart, but I'd like to get the best option available for future projects.

I stubled across Miarmy which seems amazing, but its only for Maya. :-( Any suggestions for plugin or third party software that works in a C4D pipeline?

https://secure.axyz-design.com/category/axyz-tips-tricks/anima-the-crowd-simulation-software

I haven't used this myself but it seems like a good option. Can't for the life of me find out how much it costs on the webpage which is kind of annoying.

$450 bucks, cheap.

Edited by sbmotiondesign

How close do you need to be to the people? I have done project before with this where we shot "fans" on green screen and placed the keyed out cards on cloned planes that face the camera and have also seen it done with basically what amounts to cubes and spheres of various colors bouncing around in the distance.

unless you want them walking around, you can just use mograph with some animated people...

for walking around, you can also do some align to splines or use that axyz to supplement.

i think you can use xparticles potentially to do the walking crowd too.