Sign in to follow this  
kossome

Dealing with contracts as a motion graphics artist.

I see so many people asking others about this topic and getting a vague answer. I decided it was time to go line by line through a good contract or "Agreement" as I like to call it. DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice. This contract may not be exactly what you need, but hopefully this is a great stepping stone to protect yourself as a graphic designer. Even my own contract is ever evolving based on my services.

I would love to get a good discussion going about it here and hear other people's experiences and input. Maybe even some horror stories, lol.

Useful video. Thanks.

Do you have a contract template? (Yeah, I know, I'm just being lazy)

Thanks!

Wish I could. I thought about it, but that might be pushing it legally. I decided against it. Sorry.

But you could transcribe what I read. :-P

Not bad. Not as detailed as mine, but it covers some of the bases. Does he say anywhere if a lawyer has looked these over? I'm too scared to post mine cause I don't want anyone using them and coming back to me if they have an issue.

Not bad. Not as detailed as mine, but it covers some of the bases. Does he say anywhere if a lawyer has looked these over? I'm too scared to post mine cause I don't want anyone using them and coming back to me if they have an issue.

I wouldn't have thought you'd have any issue legally as long as you say 'these are not legal documents and only a guide, I take no responsibility etc'. There's plenty of examples online (like this).

But I'm going through yours and Ash's notes now and writing my own agreement. If anyone else has any thoughts or advice I'd be glad to hear it.