Sign in to follow this  
ianfreeze

Xpresso User Data to Control Save As Name

Do any of you geniuses know if there is a way to have a user data field define the name used in the save as dialogue? Im versioning out a ton of files and it would be cool to be able to enter all the info in one place/node.

Maybe something like this? Pick a folder to be your output path, set the render settings up, type in a file name... Shift + R. Change the file name... Shift + R...

Check the attached image / C4D file. Let me know if you're talking about a different setup. Hope this helps!

joey

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9ef7qgarlr4dxi/FileSave_Setup.c4d?dl=0

83TpUBf.png

This looks to work exactly how Id like it to, but I must be doing something wrong. I enter the new file name and path, but it doesn't update in the render settings. Admittedly I have very limited experience with Xpresso, so theres that to take into consideration.

I'm guessing that when you open the file, the "My Render Setting" node gets disconnected. Try this:

• Double click the Xpresso tag on the CONTROL null to open the Xpresso window

• Open your render settings

• Drag the "My Render Setting" preset onto the Xpresso window, it will create a new node

• Click on the blue tab in the top-left corner of the node, go to the "Save" group and find the "File Name" option, select that

• You'll now have a new input on the new node for "File Name."

• Delete the old node that came with the project file, reconnect the output from that last "Math:Add" node to your new node, it should work.

Hope that does the trick!

joey