Sign in to follow this  
tjoynt

Monitors

Anyone got any good monitor advice?

Recently switched back to PC and got the Monoprice 28" 4k monitor, but I'm really in need of a second. I thought I could work with 1 monitor, but it's just not gonna happen. Was hoping I could use my old 27" iMac as a displayPort device, but apparently it only works with really specific Intel DP devices

Looking at the Dell P2715Q for $530 or maybe the LG 34UM95C-P for $630.

I'd love to be able to splurge and get an NEC or something, but I just don't have the cash or need for that nice of a monitor

Edited by tjoynt

Is this what the cool kids are using nowadays? I'm still on two 1920x1200's !!!!

I'd almost prefer that. I need a second screen as preview window basically. It's also nice to have twitter and stuff up on the second monitor so I can get distracted but not waste too much time going back and forth between windows :D

Why doesn't the iMac screen work? I just got it working fine on my PC...I just had to have the latest nvidia drivers installed.

I've been looking at this Asus monitor lately to add to it...

Currently running that Asus alongside a couple 27" Cinema Displays in a three-up configuration.

It's really nice - I dare say I prefer the Asus matte display over the glossy Cinema Displays... also it quickly and easily rotates into portrait for the ridonk Ae timelines and previewing jobs for vertical playback.

Is it just me or are the pickin's for 16:10 getting slimmer and slimmer?

I haven't been keeping up with the latest UHD, SuperHD, 4HD, 8HD or whatnot.

I'm still working on a pretty old 1900x1200 Dell Ultrasharp.

Why doesn't the iMac screen work? I just got it working fine on my PC...I just had to have the latest nvidia drivers installed.

I've been looking at this Asus monitor lately to add to it...

Hmm, what GPU? And what exact cable?

I am using a 970. I actually did have to get a new (different) model after I moved and it broke, so I guess I should try the new one.