Sign in to follow this  
Xaltotun

Resources that teach or show what it's like to be a motion graphics producer

I was trying to explain what being a motion graphics producer entails but I could find almost no resources online to help. I know they must be out there somewhere. Do any of you know of any guides/blogs/diaries of motion graphics producers? They're going to be focusing more on the sales/client relations side of things rather than directly overseeing artists, but it'd still be nice to have some sort of reference point to show what the job is like in a motion graphics environment.

I don't remember something specific to link you back to but I can tell you how I can define motion graphics artists (if they are the same as producers) . A typical project in a mograph artists's life would start with a brief and initial contact with the client . it then kicks off into setting up the agreements and paper work that the artist has to do , then you move to story boarding that the artist also has to do , then you move to style framing and look development the mographer has to do as we.. When production starts it will be up to you to model and research to get all the assets you need , then animate , light and texture your stuff . Once all that is done you will be expected to do the sound design as well and finetune (AKA edit) your piece and take care of making it online and then getting in touch with the client again . Of course you will hire people to help you when you are getting more work but what I am trying to tell you is that being a mograph artist involves a lot of everything and you should be prepared for that