Sign in to follow this  
shapirog

Picture viewer unable to load file (C4D)

Hello,

In C4D R17, every time I render a preview ( option+ b ), once it's finished rendering I get an alert message saying that the picture viewer was unable to load the file and then it lists the file path. It doesn't play it in C4D, and I have to go to the finder and manually open the quicktime file. Has anyone else experienced this? It never happened for me in previous versions.

Thanks

Edited by shapirog

Works fine for me. Perhaps it's some sort of permissions issue or memory limitation or unsupported codec.

Several suggestions (not sure if these will work in you situation but may be worth a try):

1. In the Make Preview dialogue click on "Options..." and change the compression type to Apple ProRes 422.

If that doesn't help:

1. Go to the C4D preferences Edit > Preferences... > Memory > Picture Viewer

2. Adjust the memory limit and maybe try changing the cache path to a new folder on the desktop temporarily

If changing the cache path works then:

3. If it works after changing the cache path then you might need to rebuild the C4D user profile folder or edit the permissions.

(This is the folder located at ~/Library/Preferences/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R17_XXXXXXXX)

Just rename the folder and start C4D and it should automatically create a new one. Then you can move your plugins, scripts, libraries and any other customizations into the new folder.

Hi sbtread. Tried those suggestions but none of them did the trick. Thank you for your help though.

Also something I forgot to mention - if the target folder has no previews rendered yet, it works fine. So the first time I'm rendering a preview movie, it works. But every time after that, it doesn't since there is a preview.mov in that folder. It makes a preview1.mov but wont open in the picture viewer and gives me that error. If I go to the finder and delete the preview .mov files then it works again. But seems strange to have to do this each time when I never had to do it before. Any other ideas?

Yeah. I'm getting the same error now that I try re-rendering a preview. It should auto-increment but isn't.

Only thing I can suggest is to delete the preview.mov listed in the Picture Viewer side panel before rendering a new preview. Save the file first and then delete from the list if you need.

Submit the bug to MAXON.