Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beaver

Dig up your noob stuff, and post it!

Guest Beaver

I was looking at gmunk.com the other day and had a good chuckle at some of his old work here. It was a good reminder that even the big dogs start out at the bottom.

There is a lot of polished work here, but does anyone dare post stuff from when they were just starting out? I know you're all a bunch of pack rats and keep that stuff hidden somewhere on your computer! Come on! Throw it out there!

Here's one of the first client sites I did: http://www2.atlantic.net/htm_about/about.htm

(I also did their current website which is at http://www.atlantic.net)

Here's one of my first ever logo animations: http://www.alanhettinger.com/video/survivor.mov

Edited by Angry Beaver

Guest laughingcolors

my first school project was just hysterical. i can't believe i turned that shit in. i hopefully don't have it anymore

Guest SermonOfMockery

i'm embarrassed enough about my current work, let alone my old shit.

Guest 3rdMARTINI

I had a couple of pieces up when I went and gave a talk to the AIGA chapter at my old college... but they're temporarily down while I update my site.

Really, really horrendous stuff. I'm sure if I rummage on some old ZIP disks, I can find the first EVER motion piece that I did. THe background video on it was created by stringing together a bunch of stills taken from an old Play Snappy! Does anyone remember those awful things?

I wish that I still have the first web sites I ever made, but alas, my floppy disks met the trash bin years ago.

Guest chibosa
i'm embarrassed enough about my current work, let alone my old shit.

25229[/snapback]

:script:

Yah. it was hard enuff to post my crappy ass demo reel. even i knew it was weaksauce. no way im posting my earlier shit.

Guest Banjomamo

Here's three entries to the craptacular bonanza:

Entry One

My very first mograph. Pretty retarded - although I made a handsome sum from this project.

Entry Two

A few months later I created this one. How bout that keying job? I shot my hand over a black gym mat with a lamp (shade off) serving as my key light using a very consumer level minidv. It took me 2 days to do all the animation. It took the VO 5 tries to get the copy in under 29 seconds. In the end I had to speed up his track.

Oh and finally one of my very first web sites:

web5.jpg

The empty purple space towards the bottom is because I didn't know how to code properly and make fill the frame. Yeah I used frames back then.

Edited by Banjomamo

Guest Timur04

ahah I wish someone would have told me "just give up now"

maybe today i would have been making money, but noo.. I had to keep going till its too late to turn back

Guest Tread

geez banjamamo... that was horrible. I almost vomited. I think you broke every type rule known to man.

Good job!

Guest Banjomamo

i know. its a shame i didnt do it. i found that in some other forum a while back. priceless huh?

Guest Banjomamo

oh wait were you referring to my actual work posted earlier or the richswebdesign?

Guest Beaver

Rich's web design was on the same level as mumbleboy. He should speak at the next semipermanent.

Guest Tread

I was talking about the webdesign flash animation... yes. I think it was better than mumbleboy's crap.

Ted

Guest SermonOfMockery

i always wondered who the genius behind cycle4autism.org was, now i know!

Guest NeoGeniX

hehe cool topic...I am still in the noob stage where I create godawful stuff....no I am not gonna post its so horrible :P A lot more then all the stuff u guys are posting...

Edited by NeoGeniX

Guest parallax

Lets start a competition to see who can make the most horrible shite ever imagined. (i bet i could shine in that one)

Although it would probably take at least some grasp of design to break the rules purposely.

Guest Dr.Sizzle

Rich's web design!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHA God that was great!!!

I don't know if it's the actual piece that's so funny or

that my very first experience with flash was oh so close

to being the same.

I love it!

I'm not too far into mograph but damn that was great.

Edited by Dr.Sizzle

Guest nextseason

Ted that has got to make it in your reel! So tight.

Why can't girls ask me to work on projects like that.

That would make a great pickup line though, "Hey girl I got this idea for an animation..."