Sign in to follow this  
Guest pauloblob

SHIT SHIT -- "Missing data in file. (33::4)"

Guest pauloblob

HELP ME PLEASE!

I was working into a project and my computer crashed and turned off. When i re-open the file after shows me this -- "Missing data in file. (33::4)".

Does anybody knows how can i fix the file????

....Thanxs!

Guest renascent

cherish this day as from now on youll make backups and save multiple copies of your projects.

try a disc doctor recovery program, otherwise im afraid youre F*ed

Guest sergioduque

if the last thing you did before the crash was the usage of a plugin try uninstall it before opening AE. Some time it works

it will say that you're missing the plugin, you only need to delete the fx

Edited by sergioduque

Guest pauloblob

Man i lost the job... I usually dont make backup every ten min but from now ctrl+shift+s ALWAYS.

Thanks for you attention but i read everything about this error and even adobe can say what it is... so its a FU**ING BIG BUGGGG.

Wherever...

See ya...

Guest radiuscorner

Adobe has gone to great lengths to protect users from data-loss, but like any other application it can't anticipate every situation your computer might find itself in. AE 6.5 usually lets you save out of a crash. This has saved my ass several times. Still, if you are putting hundreds of hours of work and saving it to a -single- data file, you are asking to get your ass kicked. I have seen this kind of post over and over again. AE files aren't big.. I don't think i've ever gone over 20 megs. You -need- to learn to save incrementally... there's even a little menu item and key combo for it ... use it.

Guest jeickholt

there is a save_and_increment script. Great for going back to older versions too, especially if you have producers mucking around with your designs.