Sign in to follow this  
Guest speemur

one billion movie titles

Guest govinda

I saw it before it bombed out. INCREDIBLE. What a bizarre thing to do. I'd love to hear the story of how he did it. Great catch.

Guest MrCrothers

What the heck was it?

Was it just a list of movie titles?

Hopefully it will be up again soon, this has tickled my curiosity.

Guest govinda

It was thousands of movie title cards, from A to Z, about one or two frames each. So for example there were two 'Cat People,' one from 1982 and one from 1942.

It's not an entertaining thing to watch, but it's jaw-dropping because you sense that putting it together had to be gruelling. Some of them semi-animate, so you know they're taken from video and not just scanned from stills, which gives away that it could've been a major load of work.

Guest 3rdMARTINI

I had seen the link above on the AEList before. Another example of a HUGE amount of work.

I too have my interest piqued about the working title site. Hopefully someone might mirror it for him :)

Guest NeoGeniX

When I read the title of this topic...I actually tought of that website right away...

Still pretty cool tough...saves me flipping trough a zillion pages ;p

Guest MrCrothers

Oh good GOD! It's up! I'm watching it now! I got to the end of the B's and my brain exploded! This is INTENSE!

And yes, seems like alotta work...

Guest droon

it could either be a lot of work or no work at all. actually, my guess is they just downloaded all the intro screens from that one site and imported it as a sequence and made some akufen style track to fit it..

Guest 3rdMARTINI

Crappity crap on a cocktail napkin and stick it in my gimlet... I can't believe I watched that whole thing. Half way through my bowels were wrenching and begging for mercy. I've got to lie down for a while now.

Yeah, not too much effort involved in that aside from having the patience to download all those jpg's from the shillpages site. Even then they could have had an application do all that work for them.

Guest MrCrothers
Yeah, not too much effort involved in that aside from having the patience to download all those jpg's from the shillpages site.  Even then they could have had an application do all that work for them.

29204[/snapback]

Well, I'm kind of thinking that who ever did it didn't use the shillpages site because if you look closely, many of the clips are not just still frames, there's some motion in them. Very quick obviously because I think that maximum number of times I hit the right arrow on one frame was 7, but still, you see some motion.