Sign in to follow this  
Guest SermonOfMockery

new reel

Guest George.

new edit is a whole lot better. i really like the game over, rockstar games and element spots - are you doing any work for their new movie 'elementality'?

but i also agree with 3rdMartini with that it might bit u in the butt that you are really strong with the one style and not so great with others.

yours skills are in motion and design are high I dont know why you keep ribbing yourself - i know it helps push yourself further. but you along with a couple of others along here, tread, govinda and the ever charismatic camino have probably taught me (and others) the most in desing and motion

keep up the good work

PS did u recieve the DVD i sent ya yet?

Guest SermonOfMockery

i did and i REALLY AM going to send your DVDs on tuesday!! sorry for taking a million years! whoever did the one you sent me did a great job, it's very well done- not that i would expect any less from you folks.

Guest Tread
tread, govinda and the ever charismatic camino have probably taught me (and others) the most in desing and motion

31465[/snapback]

I feel so loved... :rolleyes: :H

Guest SermonOfMockery

this would be a good time for me to again thank everyone on here for all the help, inspirational reels, etc. no joke, my skills have improved more in the year or so i've been reading this than the previous 5 combined. awesome resource.

Guest mikewirth

Good ideas, but this style is getting old already. What's next sermon ?

Guest atslopes
Good ideas, but this style is getting old already.  What's next sermon ?

31617[/snapback]

--wow mike <_< i hope that u werent serious, sermons reel was pretty good. U must be a mograph all-star <_<<_< just saw ur reel, my vote is for sermon. --im definetly dont think u have a "new style". --I always here dudes say thats old or this is old, and they themselves dont have any thing groundbreaking or new to show. :D

Guest Sao_Bento
Good ideas, but this style is getting old already.  What's next sermon ?

31617[/snapback]

The thing about that is design on TV is all about being trendy. Look at Freestyle Collective, Buck, or BNS, they've all got things that look similar in style - why? because it's the "in" thing. The street art / collage thing has been deemed appropriate for everything from Kentucky Fried Chicken to Comedy Central. The reels section is full of it. Grunge is the new grunge.

I've not done anything in that style myself, but I do recognize it's popularity.

TV, especially American TV is not the place to look for originality.

Guest SermonOfMockery

edit- who gives a shit

Edited by SermonOfMockery

Guest fredcamino

broseph, just face it, you suck and are a romo. you are doomed to a futile existance in urban ohio where your only company will be racist derelicts and underage temptresses flaunting their goodies at your ongoing quarter-life crisis.

122_kidding.jpg

Guest Suminator

Just seen your reel. I agree with Tread who said that you could do something about the curves and the animation, and certainly some depth and 3d movement in AE would add an extra touch. For example in the Rockstar Games (on the reel) you have just a camera pan, but you haven't layered your elements as 3d layers so your nice looking composition lacks with some depth... I must say that some photos you used in few pieces are rougher than they suppose to be, I mean maybe thay are low res... If you have a BW printer just print them, than photocopy and scale it and than scan (classic grunge technique)...

I enjoyed your reel, and think that you have some good stuff there...