Sign in to follow this  
Guest SermonOfMockery

little 3D WIP

Guest thomwill
anyone remember the other game by konami that code worked for? it was alot like contra but you were space ships instead of people.

anyone?

41341[/snapback]

that code worked for just about every game they made, even gameboy titles.

Guest SermonOfMockery
anyone remember the other game by konami that code worked for? it was alot like contra but you were space ships instead of people.

anyone?

41341[/snapback]

gradius / lifeforce

also parodius

Guest SermonOfMockery

back on track after moving to a new apt... i had an idea to work some controllers in there too...

controller.jpg

Guest parallax

Nice progress.

Are you going to cut it, or mix in live action? Maybe it would be nice if you render it like you see it in the viewport/playblast/whateveritscalledinXSI, fits the boxy back-in-the-days NES look.

Back then we didn't have 3D surfaces and such, just plain old sprites, and modded NES'es to play US import. (they actually drilled a hole in the front of my NES, and put in a metal switch)

Guest SermonOfMockery

not a bad idea about putting the background of the viewport in there...

i did a similar thing to my SNES so i could play japanese games, there's 2 little posts at the bottom of the cartridge port that you have to cut out. in elegant but it worked!

do most euro TVs play PAL and NTSC?

Guest SermonOfMockery

i mean, US games are all NTSC, and euro TVs can play them OK? because you can't play PAL games on any american TVs.

Guest ai

Except professional monitors none will.

Parallax thank you for the "odd" actually secam is almost gone now the whole broadcast chain is done in PAL and only converted to secam when aired analog. About satellite and cable (DVB standards) i think the equipment sold here is outputting pal. The same goes for terrestrial digital television and its mpeg4.

Guest thomwill

not really digging the texture. i think its because its over everything and theres no movement to it. i think the transition to the controllers is weak as well. its just a dissolve and i don't think the flickering does anything for it. also not feeling the font choice or color.

my thoughts...

Guest C-FU

Yeah the texture is not working. I noticed your zooming in but it sticks out really bad because of that fact. Maybe try rotating the texture every time the camera makes a motion. I know eventually it will get flat but make transitions to other texture of that type to fake it. The type at the end Is really weak as well. Maybe a earth tone or red would help the color of the type. Not to thrilled about the font choice although you could simply make it huge as if you were stamping it or somethin. When I see "Played out" it looks like its a label rather than a title. So stamping it would be like a rejection stamp. Put some texture around the type to echo a box or a circle. Not to sure what your intention is here at the moment. Either than to remind me of good old days.

Good job on recreating the NES but there are little things here and there that are not accurate to the real NES but the animation is so short that no one is going to notice those type details.

The controller, cartridge and system sell the old school platform easily.

Guest C-FU

Oh I see. Alright, well then disregard that hefty critique on the type. Anyway, can't wait to see the final product there. Oh by the way (not sure if you mentioned this) is this a freelance gig where you have like a month to work on or something?

Guest govinda

Hey, why does the cartridge have to go past the cam? If it just came to us, you could work with it easier. The part where it goes past doesn't seem to fit. Why not keep the dark background of the cartridge as the background for what goes on. Or whatever, but the fade-up to the same tonality as you start with makes it seem like we didn't need to go tight on the cartridge at all just to get back to the same kind of bg we started with. That texture scratch distressing is nice though. I love the base unit now. It'd be funny if the door opened and something other than a cartridge came out, like that animation a few months ago where a box opened and astronauts, robots, etc. came out that could never ever have fit in there--might've been a Universal Everything bit.