Sign in to follow this  
Guest lowtech

super bowl commercials

Guest lowtech

what was your favorite this year?

i personally dont care much about the nfl but can't miss those commercials.

Guest firemind

I missed the whole thing (Janet's boobie included), but then the superbowl isn't broadcast on this end of the world anyway.

Guest André Leroux

You didnt miss much regarding Janet, Firemind. Just like her older brother, her boobie's are white. lol

André

Guest mistahle

lamest commercials I have seen so far. It's a brand new world of conservative advertising.

The best, or better than worst I think would be the Cadillac commercial in which the sound catches up with the car and driver later on. These commercials are way overhyped anyway.

And the MTV halftime show? what a joke, just a bunch of cheesy Pop "artists." MTV nowadays is such a disappointment.

Guest Sao_Bento

>>And the MTV halftime show? what a joke, just a bunch of cheesy Pop "artists." MTV nowadays is such a disappointment.<<

Well it IS the superbowl - the most widely watched sporting event in the US. It scored huge ratings - at one point 50% of the televisions in the U.S. were tuned to it. The audience is incredibly diverse and the advertising extremely expensive, so they end up with "everyone" being the target market. The way to reach "everyone" in a musical sense is to perpetuate the same level of mediocrity established by the mainstream culture.

MTV has long ceased being original in any way. Now they are just radio on TV, meaning they'll do whatever the record companies pay them to do. On their own channel, they are in the very specific business of appealing to 11-13 yr old boys (hence all the sex and idiocy like jackass/wildboyz, etc). I think the outrage is that they aimed for their own audience more than the "everyone" audience the rest of the event was meant for - I think they hit their mark, few things are as effective at reaching 11 -13 yr olds as a naked boob. (of course everyone but Janet is afraid to admit that it was planned now).

I can't really imagine a world where Danzig is doing the half-time show.